The Edge – Energy Market Reports (Jun – Sep 2023)
Q3 2023 The Edge – Energy Market Reports topics
Energy Edge has recently published The Edge – Energy Market reports.
1 June 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Updated Lazard Levelized Cost of Energy Report 2023.
- Pre Winter 2023 Update, including…
- Pricing: Gas and electricity prices and equivalent heat rate.
- Flows: Investigate SWQP, Northern Gas Pipeline and MSP flows and constraints/limits.
- Production/Storage: Otway, Moomba, Longford and Iona updates.
- Demand: Comparison on demand in YoY and relationship with weather conditions.
- Conclusion: Summary of Concerning and Moderating condition.
19 June 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Potential Longford Industrial Action: Esso fronts the Fair Work Commission with potential supply implications.
- Code of Conduct Fact Sheet released: New details and updates. Positives and negatives.
- Queensland Gas Production hits new record: May 2023 saw a new record gas production in Queensland.
11 July 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- The Mandatory Code of Conduct was released on July 10th, and live as of July 11th, 2023. This edition investigates the differences between the earlier Exposure Draft and Fact Sheet.
- Victorian winter weather conditions have been characterised as mild and windy. What is the impact on gas demand, gas generation, wind generators, Queensland pipeline flows, Longford gas supply and finally, Iona gas storage? How this could affect the next twelve months?
7 August 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- In depth assessment of the energy transition, focused on the interaction between the decline in electricity market carbon emissions and the impact of a growing renewable sector.
18 August 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- LNG contractual arrangements for the Curtis Island LNG facilities – Assessment of the public information on long term contracts and public notifications of the spot cargoes.
- As the end of winter 2023 approaches, this edition examines the fallout from the warmer winter and lower demand – what was just winter 2023 and what may be permanent change?
15 September 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- The Mandatory Code of Conduct cooling off period finished on the 11 September with the requirement to disclose Likely Available Gas. Edition 185 explores this requirement and other components of section 34.
- Speculation has commenced regarding the planned exit of Origin’s Eraring Power station in August 2025. This edition looks at the recent news and market data.
- Currently travelling in the Pacific Ocean, what are the potential 2023 implications of the FRSU contracted for Port Kembla (Hoegh Galleon)?
28 September 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- The Victorian Winter was the fourth warmest on record with many key sites at or above historical highs. Warmer weather means lower demand. What’s the impact on the gas prices, Longford’s behaviour and Iona’s storage?
- Renewable Milestones: Spring time brings bright suns and moderate weather which means we are seeing record renewable market share. But there is more to the story including a major milestone.
Request a sample of The Edge Energy Market Report via our Contact Us form.