The Edge – Energy Market Reports (Oct – Dec 2023)
Q4 2023 The Edge – Energy Market Reports topics
Energy Edge has recently published The Edge – Energy Market reports.
18 Oct 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Curtis Island LNG Exports are at near record levels. Edition 188 looks at where the gas is coming from, the changes in facility deliverability and the net interaction with the domestic market.
- September 2023 saw a number of record high renewables and record low carbon emissions. What are the pricing implications?
- Q1-2024, BOM has predicted some hot summer weather. This edition discusses the value allocation between underlying market prices (under cap) and volatility (above caps).
01 Nov 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Origin and Venice enter discussions on the LNG import facility in Adelaide. This edition looks at the implications and complexities.
- Bushfires have been burning near the gas and infrastructure in the Surat Basin; let’s investigate.
- Given the recent renewable records, Edition 189 looks at the coal duration curves across this year (Nov22-23), last year (Nov21-22) and three years ago (Nov19-20).
22 Nov 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- Edition 190 follows unplanned outages and gas flows across Queensland with an analysis of the responses from LNG exports, production facilities, storage, pipeline exports and gas supply market trades.
- Brent Oil Linkages: We look at the recent movements in the Brent market conditions, allowing for FX movements and comparisons against the domestic market as well as the JKM Netback outcomes.
27 Nov 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- This edition of The Edge #191 covers an emerging event – APLNG’s vessel stuck at Curtis Island. This event highlights some of the single points of failure that continue to persist, not just for APLNG as a single facility, but for Curtis Island as an aggregate.
05 Dec 2023 Edge Report (Subscriber Link)
- At the time of publication, the power outage at Cesi Qingdao has interrupted the ability for APLNG to export gas for more than 9 days. Following on from edition #191, this report looks at the impact on revenue, CSG production and other vessel movements.
- Coal and Gas Flexibility: With October seeing Renewables (Wind, Solar) exceed Black Coal as the dominant fuel source in the NEM, edition #192 assesses the behaviour of coal and gas to meet the negative fuel cost competitors.
Request a sample of The Edge Energy Market Report via our Contact Us form.